Whereas counseling takes someone from a place of hurt or instability moving them towards healing, Life coaching is a way of coming alongside someone who is relatively stable and helping them move forward towards greater fulfillment, get “unstuck” and become more successful and effective in life. Life coaching involves meeting in person, over the phone or via Skype and it centers around your agenda. I’ll be fully present with you, ask you powerful questions, offer feedback as permitted and champion your cause.
Typically I meet with clients for 1-4 sessions and we can re-evaluate after that point.
Below is a list of possible topics to be coached on.
- Discovering and developing passions & strengths
- Going through transition & change
- Finding and/or changing jobs
- Strengthening relationships
- Finding a life purpose
- Setting and reaching specific goals
- Building a clearer vision for the future
- Developing a mission statement for one’s life, business, or ministry
- Learning to relate to people effectively
- Finding clear values
- Building communication skills
- Getting unstuck,and moving forward
- Becoming more organized
- Learning to think and see things differently,
- Building better teams
- Building self-confidence
- Learning to take responsibility
- Finding the tools, support, and accountability to accomplish more
- Having the ability to focus better, be more efficient, and reach goals more quickly
- Developing a closer walk with Jesus
- Developing leadership or other life skills
Here’s a link for more information: What is Christian Coaching?